The provision of the right reports depends on what format your users want those reports in. Some users want a fully drill-able, interactive report, some would prefer a static report such as a PDF, or unlinked Excel spreadsheet.
Your business value improves when accurate, relevant information is delivered directly to the people who need it, when they need it.
PrecisionPoint supports all of these methods of distribution, and the journey starts with XL Generator.
XLGenerator allows you to schedule the distribution of static PrecisionPoint reports with preselected criteria so that information can be in the right place at the right time.
Solution Features and Benefits
With an easy to use administration tool, subscriptions can be managed to control the recipients, report criteria and frequency.
- Any report, including multi-InfoSet, multi-InfoGraph, multi-worksheet workbooks can be set to update in full and be automatically delivered.
- Reports can be delivered overnight and read first thing in the morning.
- Large, complex reports can be run during the night.
- All filter options can be preselected for a subscriber, controlling the information they see.
- Snapshot reports for filing can be scheduled (e.g. Aged debtors on last day of period).
- The manual process of static report distribution becomes automated.
- Reports are delivered to an email inbox.
- Reports can be received at desktop or by a mobile device.
- A distribution history is kept providing a report audit trail.
- Trigger intervals can be set as daily, weekly, monthly or more specifically: last Thursday of the each month.
- A distribution can be triggered by the PrecisionPoint update or run manually by a mouse-click (e.g., as soon as the last journal is posted).
- Report subscriptions can make use of existing Outlook and Active Directory groups.
Once the report content has been created, it can be distributed as a fully interactive web report, or as a static report
Static or Dynamic reports
Sometimes it’s best to have reports that define a moment in time
Sometimes users want a fully interactive web-based report
A server-based email report scheduler
- Automatically updates and emails XLPublisher reports as snapshot
- Set up subscriptions to key reports, scorecards, KPIs and dashboards
- Reports run upon completion of overnight PrecisionPoint job or On Demand
- Multi-report, Multi-recipient
- Variable interval settings
- PDF or Excel files. Single or multi-page.